Way Too Easy Choc/Orange (Jaffa) Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a tribute to my "other Mother"...ya know, the one ya would've chosen, given the chance. The extra cocoa can be omitted but we like ours very chocolatey.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 whole unpeeled orange
- In a large bowl mix cocoa into dry cake mix.
- Chop well washed orange in 6-8 chunks, discard seeds, blitz orange til mushy.
- In separate bowl whisk eggs, salad oil, orange juice til combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into cake mix, add orange mush and beat all for 4-5 minutes. If it seems a litte dry add water a few drops at a time. Mixture should "ribbon" off beaters.
- Pour into buttered and floured bundt pan, thump to settle.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350. Test before removing from oven.
- Leave to cool before turning out.
- Frost or glaze with choc orange frosting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION