Waterzooi Au Poulet (Belgian Chicken Soup)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Although Waterzooi is a soup, it's usually eaten as a main course with potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 4 large chicken quarters, halved
- 1 large carrot, thickly sliced
- 1 leek, thickly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thickly sliced
- 1 large onion, Cut into 4 wedges then halved
- 1 ounce parsley
- 6 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- Place all the vegetables into a large saucepan, place the chicken on top of the vegetables then add the broth.
- Season with salt and plenty of pepper, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, partially cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time, place the egg yolks in a small saucepan over a medium heat and cook, stirring with a wooden fork or spoon until lightly scrambled.
- To serve - transfer the eggs to a large soup tureen, pour the soup broth, vegetables and pieces of chicken into the eggs stirring constantly. Garnish with chopped parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION