Light and refreshing, this recipe from Frank Stitt--goes well with any BBQ.
- Ready In:
- 5 cups seeded watermelon, in cubes
- 1 cup sliced scallion
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together oil and vinegar; pour over watermelon mix.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this to take to a potluck picnic, and it was a huge hit. I left out the parsley, cut the oil down to 2 tablespoons, and I used white wine vinegar because that's what I had on hand. It tasted best when it was ice cold, but it was quite good even at room temperature. I'm a sucker for salads that combine sweet and savory flavors anyway, but this one combines them very well! I'll make this one again; thanks for posting!
This is a wonderfully refreshing salad for the summer. I used ice cold watermelon, fresh mint and fresh jalapenos. I did not have the fresh parsley; however, did have cilantro and it worked very well. I poured the dressing over just before serving. It was a nice accompaniment to the lentil soup I served it with.