- Ready In:
To Make Macaron Shells:
- In a bowl, combine sifted powdered sugar and almond flour.
- Beat egg white (at room temperature) and sugar until you get soft peaks.
- Then add the powdered sugar and almond mixture.
- Mix well and then divide into two equal bowls.
- Make one green by adding several drops of green food coloring; mix well.
- Make the other bowl pink by adding a few drops of red food coloring; mix well.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe each color; making sure the disc shapes are the same size.
- For the pink discs, sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- After piping all the cookies, allow the shells to rest for 30 minutes until a thin skin has formed.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 225 degrees F.
To Make the Filling:
- Blend butter until it's smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, heavy cream, a pinch of salt and several drops of watermelon flavoring.
- Blend together until well-combined.
To Assemble the Macaron:
- Pipe the filling on one side of the shell, and top with the other shell (making sure one side is green and one side is pink, so it resembles a watermelon slice).
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!