Watermelon Herb Cooler
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- PREP: Chop fresh watermelon into 1-2 inch chunks and place in ziploc bag to put in freezer. Ideally prep the night before and let freeze overnight but 4-5 hours freezer time should do the trick. .
- 1. Combine sugar, mint, and 4-5 squeezed limes in a heat-safe bowl, stirring ingredients together. Let mixture sit for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Boil 1 cup of water. Add boiled water to sugar mixture, stirring well until sugar has dissolved completely. Let simple syrup mixture sit for another 10 minutes and put to the side.
- 3. In a blender, pre-blend 2-3 cups frozen watermelon and 2 cups ice until slushy. Add,.
- - 1 1/2 cups tequila.
- - leaves of 2-3 mint sprigs.
- - leaves of 1-2 basil sprigs.
- - Juice of 3-4 limes.
- - 2 oz of orange juice.
- - 4-5 oz of homemade simple syrup to taste.
- 4. Blend until fully combined, add ice to reach desired consistency. Garnish with a mint leaf and fresh lime wedge.
- *ingredients above yield approximately 2-3 blender batches.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!