Wasabi Sesame Tuna
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
If you like the flavor of wasabi you will like this recipe. These do not come out of the pan fiery hot, but with wasabi flavor. You can always add more heat if you wish.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 12 ounces ahi tuna steaks, 3/4 to 1-inch thick (2 steaks)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- In a shallow dish, combine the soy sauce, wasabi paste and cracked black pepper; mix well.
- Add the tuna and turn until thoroughly coated on both sides.
- Let sit for 10 minutes or plan ahead and let marinate overnight in a zipper bag or foodsaver bag.
- Coat a pan with nonstick cooking spray and preheat over high heat.
- Place the sesame seeds in another shallow dish, add the tuna and turn to coat completely.
- Grill the tuna for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until browned or cooked to desired doneness. Slice thinly and serve with rice or stir fry.
- Remember fish cooks fast and will be dry and chewy if overcooked.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
FANTASTIC!! Had no wasabi paste, used powder and a bit of rice vinegar as substitute. Also made a plate sauce by mixing 2T wasabi powder, 1t rice vinegar and ( for heat's sake...) 1 t fresh horseradish.HINT: The Cracked pepper is KEY to success of this recipe!! This was made as "trial" recipe for family coming in town next week...is DEFINITELY a WINNER and WILL be served! Thanks, DandyDon!Reply
see 1 more