Wasabi Potato Gratin
This is a Ben O'Donoghue recipe I found in the paper. The combination of potatoes, cream and wasabi work really well together. So easy and quick to prepare and serve as a side dish.
- Ready In:
- 4 medium desiree potatoes, peeled
- 50 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 200 ml pure cream
- 100 ml skim milk
- Preheat an oven to 180°C Thinly slice the peeled potatoes by hand or using a mandoline, (about 2-3mm, ensuring they are as even as possible as this will help them to cook at the same time) and wash potatoes well in cold water.
- Grease the surface of a round or oval baking dish with soft butter and then rub with sliced garlic. Leave the garlic scattered in the dish.
- Combine the milk, cream and wasabi paste and season well.
- Arrange the sliced and washed potatoes in a single layer around the baking dish and then pour over the cream and milk mixture.
- Place into a preheated oven for 20 minutes until nicely browned on top and the potatoes are cooked, the cream and milk reduced until thick and creamy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation