I made these with macadamia nuts, but I will also try with peanuts. Good stuff, and much less expensive to make your own than to pay top dollar for someone else to season. Recipe courtesy of www.eatdrinkbetter.com. Serving size is estimated.
- Ready In:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lb whole peanuts, shelled (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons wasabi powder (not the paste)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Line a baking sheet with greased foil or parchment paper. (I skipped this step, and I baked mine in a glass baking dish without foil or parchment paper).
- Whisk egg white and water together until foamy.
- Add peanuts and toss to coat with the egg-water mixture.
- Transfer to a sieve and toss gently and let drain.
- Stir together wasabi powder, salt, and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Add peanuts and toss to coat with the wasabi mixture.
- Spread peanuts on a single baking sheet in a single layer and bake 30 minutes.
- Gently stir, and reduce temperature to 200 F and continue baking 20 more minutes.