Wasabi-Ginger Crusted Scallops With
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a light, spicy, and sweet Scallop dish perfect for dinner parties. I really love Wasabi and the flavor works well with the tropical fruit salsa.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup pineapple, fresh diced
- 1 cup mango, fresh diced
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, fresh chopped
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Wasabi Crusted Scallops
- 12 large sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh minced
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 1 garlic clove, fresh minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup short-grain rice, cooked and seasoned
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Stir together all of the salsa ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place 1/4 cup rice in center of 4 plates using a custard cup or any other method of shaping the rice mold.
- Place 1/4 of the salsa mixture around the rice on each plate.
- Mix together ginger, wasabi paste, garlic, olive oil, and salt in another bowl.
- Heat a large saute pan to medium-high heat with some olive oil.
- Dip each flat end of each scallop in the wasabi-ginger mixture and place in the hot saute pan. Sear the scallops for 2 minutes on the first side without moving. Flip over and finish the cooking process for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place 3 scallops on each plate. Drizzle each scallop with a tiny bit of sesame oil to garnish. I also like to garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro in the middle of the rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION