Warm Steak-And-Mushroom Salad
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper; place in skillet and cook 8 minutes, turning half-way through, for medium-rare. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add oil to skillet and cook mushrooms 3 minutes; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Raise heat to high; add broth, wine, and garlic and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, 10 minutes. Stir in remaining salt and pepper.
- Remove 4 tablespoons of broth mixture and toss with spinach in a large bowl; divide spinach among four plates.
- Top with sliced steak and mushrooms; drizzle with remaining broth mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I recently celebrated my 19th anniversary living in SW Florida. I moved here from Massachusetts, just north of Boston. As much as I miss family back home, I truly love living here - the beaches, the tropical beauty, the people, and the weather (except the hurricanes!). Everyday is just another day in Paradise. I work at the new international airport here in Fort Myers. I have an opportunity to meet many different and interesting people from around the world. I've had an interest in cooking since I was a little boy, following my grandmother around the kitchen. Since I wasn't blessed with any artistic or musical talent, I think cooking was my way of being creative. My passion is my family and friends. My second passion is cooking for them. My favorite way to entertain is informally...brunches, cookouts, and small dinner parties. Just relaxing, enjoying each other's company, some good food and drink, and a little fun are the only rules of the house.</p>