Warm Pumpkin, Feta and Bacon Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I love the taste of pumpkin. We are only able to get them at good prices in the fall so I'm looking for new ways to use this delicious vegetable whenever we get the chance!
- Ready In:
- 1 small pumpkin or 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 " pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, trimmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- 1 orange, juice of
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 2 ounces almonds, toasted
- 3 slices bacon (thick sliced is good)
- Cook pumpkin in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add onion and garlic and cook for about 5 mins or until onion is soft. Add spinach, nutmeg and cayenne, stirring gently for 1 min or until aromatic. Stir in pumpkin and orange juice and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes Stir in feta and almonds.
- Cook bacon in a non-stick pan over medium heat for about 3-5 mins or until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Serve pumpkin salad warm with bacon pieces sprinkled over.
- This is a 2 person main meal or 4 person side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION