Warm Pressed Charcuterie Sandwich
- Ready In:
- 8 8 slices pepperoni (or as much as you want) or 2 slices prosciutto (or as much as you want)
- 1⁄2 ounce romano cheese (or whatever cheese you want, thinly shaved) or 1/2 ounce parmesan cheese (or whatever cheese you want, thinly shaved)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small baguette (or about 8-inch section of baguette, split lengthwise)
- Heat a cast iron skillet (any heavy skillet) on medium high heat.
- Assemble sandwich: spread mustard on 1 side of split bread, layer meat(s), cheese and then 2nd layer of meat if you want (1 layer is enough for me, but the boys in my family want 2 layers).
- Put sandwich in warm skillet, press down hard with another pot or pan (I used another cast iron pan or a large can of beans as the weight). Cook on medium or medium-low for 3 minutes.
- Flip over and cook for another 3 minutes with weight to press down.
- Sandwich will be significantly thinner than when you started. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!