Warm Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad
This is a great weeknight gluten and dairy free dinner. Very quick and tasty. I found it in the Pampered Chef 2011 Calendar. TIP: If you can't find gluten-free lemon pepper seasoning, substitute, 2 tsp lemon zest, 1 tsp black pepper 1 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- Place the peas and 1/4 cup water into a microwave safe dish. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain using a colander; rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Slice potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds. Place potatoes, salt and 4 cups of water into another microwave safe dish. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 13-16 minutes or until tender, stirring twice; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Rub chicken with 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning. Spray pan with oil. Cook chicken 7-9 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 and juices run clear, turning once. Remove from pan; set aside and keep warm.
- For dressing, juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons Combine juice, 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning and garlic in a small bowl. Slowly add 1/4 cup olive oil, whisking constantly; set aside.
- Thinly slice chicken, bell pepper and onion. Combine peas, chicken, bell pepper, onion, artichokes and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Add potatoes and dressing; toss gently. Serve warm.