Warm Imported Olive Appetizer
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 lb nicoise olive
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh red hot chili pepper, finely minced
- 2 -3 bay leaves (fresh if you have them!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, slightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon peel (or orange peel)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme (rosemary or oregano can be substituted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and drain the olives well.
- In 3 separate, small oven proof pans divide the olives up and toss with the olive oil.
- Add the spicy ingredients to one pan, the zesty mixtures to the next and finally the zingy olive ingredients to the last pan. Toss to coat.
- Bake approximately 15-25 minutes.
- Transfer to divided serving platter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
There is a version of this recipe in the new Martha Stewart cookbook which seems to combine and borrow a bit from these variations. The version I made includes bay leaves, red pepper flakes, rosemary and orange peel. The flavor is very nice. I wish I had seen this recipe first as I think fennel seeds would be an outstanding addition.