Warm Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) bag mixed greens (preferably with radicchio leaves)
- 1 7⁄8 ounces spinach leaves
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced (packed in oil)
- olive oil
- 6 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 -2 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Mix together mustard, lemon juice, and vinegar.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk in olive oil slowly, allowing dressing to thicken.
- Add garlic and mix well.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Mix all greens and salad leaves in salad bowl.
- Add onion, sun-dried tomatoes, and dressing, and toss well.
- Place on individual plates.
- Brush goat cheese with olive oil and place under broiler (on sprayed cookie sheet) for a few minutes, until cheese bubbles and turns slightly golden in color.
- Place goat cheese slices on top of individual salads, and serve while warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
2007 I thought that I would edit my home page...its been over two years, so I its time to update! I have lived in beautiful New Mexico for the last few years (Albuquerque), after 20 years of living on the West Coast (San Francisco and Seattle). I love many things about New Mexico - the perfect weather, in particular; the sunsets; the open land; and the great Southwest food - but also sometimes miss the energy of bigger cities. I am a mental health therapist, who loves my work! I love to cook (a passion that I discovered after getting married). Rather than cooking a few favorites on a regular basis, I prefer to collect recipes (primarily from the Internet), and try new things often (in fact, my husband jokes that he will try a new dish that he loves and then never see it again :-)). I also love to read, write, travel, work on personal growth, and study/learn. I am a total water baby, who lives in the desert, so I love traveling to tropical locations, where I especially love to snorkle and boggie board! I am very happily married to my best friend, soulmate, partner, and greatest cheerleader and supporter, and we have three grown children, and four grandchildren (so far :-))I am a total foodie (I "live to eat" instead of "eat to live.") :-) I love everything about food...cooking; the delicious scents of a yummy dish, as it cooks; the beautiful presentation of wonderful food; dining out; dining in; the taste of great food; sitting around the table, with friends and family, eating, talking and laughing; nurturing those I love by cooking for them...all of the senusal pleasures that food brings! My favorite Internet site for yummy recipes is this one - and I almost always choose recipes with five-star ratings, so please keep on reviewing! :-)