Warm Farro Spinach Feta Salad or Side Dish
photo by Gils Smokin Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (use lemon infused olive oil if you have it)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cracked farro
- 16 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Mix olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine chicken broth and farro together in a large sauce pan or wok; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until farro is tender and the broth is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir olive oil mixture into farro until farro is coated. Add spinach to farro mixture; cook and stir until spinach is heated, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle feta cheese over farro and spinach and stir until cheese is incorporated.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!