Warm Cous Cous, Vegetable and Feta Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces couscous
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 basil leaves, finely shredded
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon basamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the peppers, zucchini and garlic cloves in a bowl with a little oil and stir to coat everything lightly. Tip into a roasting tin and roast for 30 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, pour 2 1/2 cups boiling water over the cous cous and leave to soak until all the water has been absorbed.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and discard the garlic cloves.
- Place the peppers in a plastic bag, knot the end and leave for 10 minutes; then peel off the skin and cut the flesh into strips.
- Place the couscous in a large serving bowl. Stir well to break up any lumps and add the warm vegetables, cherry tomatoes, feta and basil.
- Toss together. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and pour over.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)