Warm Cheese and Glazed Pecan Dip
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put pecans, butter, brown sugar, 1 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper into a medium bowl; toss to combine. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until fragrant and sugar has melted, about 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Process cream cheese, cheddar, and cream in food processor until well combined. Transfer to medium bowl. Stir in scallions, remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt, and remaining pinch cayenne pepper.
- Spoon cheese mixture into 2 round baking dishes (6-7" in diameter and about 1" deep). Arrange glazed pecans on top. Bake until dip is just heated through, about 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very easy to make and the pecans are delicious on their own. In larger batches they'd be a top-notch party snack or hostess gift. Anyway, have ALWAYS gotten lots of compliments and recipe requests when I bring this. I serve it with thinly sliced Granny Smith apples and Triscuits (let folks have a choice or pile it all on!). It has a great texture in the mouth and a unique flavor combination.Enjoy!