Warm Caramelized Onion and Sweet Potato Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 red onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/2 thick slices
- vegetable oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onions slowly until golden brown, about 20 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Add mustard and vinegar and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add honey, orange zest and thyme, stir to combine.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat grill pan, grill or skillet.
- Brush the potato slices on both sides with the vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the potatoes on each side for 4 to 10 minutes or until cooked through and no longer crunchy (time depends on cooking method).
- Place potatoes in a bowl and fold in the caramelized onion mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Greetings everyone! My name is Mary and I am a native Floridian. I live in Central Florida with my wonderful husband of 13+ years. I enjoy cooking simple dishes with simple ingredients.