Warm Caprese Salad
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 plum tomatoes, stem end trimmed, and cut in quarters lengthwise
- 6 cups field greens mixed salad greens (1.5 L)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (PC 100% Greek)
- 1 cup bocconcini, ball (Drained mini)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, gringer
- 2 tablespoons fresh frozen chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place quartered tomatoes in 8–inch (2 L) square glass baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil. Arrange tomatoes skin side down. Roast for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F (150°C). Roast for 1 hour.
- In small bowl, stir together remaining 2 tbsp (25 mL) oil and basil. Set aside.
- Arrange mixed greens on large platter. Place warm tomatoes on top of greens. Scatter with mini bocconcini balls. Drizzle with basil mixture. Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve while warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!