Warm Cabbage Salad by Sam Zien
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces honey mustard dressing
- 6 cups finely shredded napa cabbage, about 1 medium head
- 2 ounces ready bacon, diced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Place cabbage in a large bowl with cheese on top. Cook mushrooms in about a tablespoon of olive oil until quite soft. Add bacon.
- Continue to cook both about 3 more minutes until bacon just begins to get a little crispy. Add dressing to pan, being careful as it will splatter, heat through. Pour mushroon-bacon dressing on the cabbage and mix well.
- Season with a little Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I recently moved to Frazier Park, CA, about 60 miles north of Los Angeles. We both still commute to Los Angeles for work, but our new home makes it worth it. My husband and I scuba dive for fun. I love to sew and knit as well. My favorite cookbook is the old Betty Crocker that my mom had while we were growing up, a 1950s edition. The index never made any sense to me, but I love it nonetheless. A few years ago I got a reprinted copy. I also love my 1000 Mexican recipes cookbook though I've barely scratched the surface with it.