These flaky little crescents were passed on to me from my grandmother. Flour can vary add more or less depending on moisture in the air. Powdered Sugar is used for rolling. The amount can vary because you can roll as big (producing less in amount)or little (produced many little tasty treats)circles as you want.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 lb Crisco (I used 1/2 very cold sweet butter and 1/2 Crisco)
- 4 lightly beaten eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream or 1/2 pint yogurt
- 1 lb ground walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- powdered sugar
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Blend in Crisco or butter/Crisco mixture.
- Dissolve yeast in a little lukewarm water, add to flour mixture.
- lightly beat eggs.
- Add eggs and sour cream.
- Blend well and refrigerate over night. Dough will be moist and airy.
- Filling-Blend all ingredients together.
- To form---Take small (softball size is what I used) pieces of dough and roll out in powdered sugar (using as much sugar as needed about 1/2-1 pound) into a circle.
- Cut into 8 pie slices.
- Put filling on thick side and roll from large end to point.
- You can top the filling with some mini cips if desired.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper and top with cinnamon and sugar mixture adding crushed nuts if desired.
- Bake at 375 Degrees for 20-25 minutes.