Walnut Chicken Salad
- Ready In:
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine chicken through relish; mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour creamy dressing mixture into chicken salad mixture and mix everything together well.
- Serve on lettuce or croissants/rolls.
Join The Conversation
We loved the taste and texture of this recipe! I left out the hard-boiled eggs (personal preference) and realized my pickle relish was sweet not dill--so left out the 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. We ate this on a bed of baby romaine with sliced tomatoes on the side. This is an excellent dish that my husband said reminded him of the way his grandmother used to make chicken salad. It was very creamy and flavorful. Thanks, Parsley!