Walnut & Blueberry French Toast Bake
photo by Fisher Nuts
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup Fisher Chef's Naturals Walnut Chips
- 1⁄2 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 large French baguette, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄4 cups maple syrup, divided
- Place ½ of bread in greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with ¼ cup each walnuts, apples, blueberries. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half and ¼ cup of maple syrup with whisk until blended. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cut between bread slices.
- Top servings with remaining walnuts, apples and blueberries. Serve with remaining 1 cup maple syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!