Waffle House Waffles
who doesn't love these waffles at Three in the morning
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 4mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- . Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir to.
- 2. Lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl. Add the sugar,.
- butter, and shortening and mix well with an electric mixer until.
- smooth. Add the half & half, milk, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix well.
- 3. Add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture while beating. Mix.
- until smooth.
- 4. Cover and chill overnight. (You can use batter right away if you.
- like, but a good 12-hour chill makes the batter better.).
- 5. Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on a waffle iron. Preheat.
- the waffle iron. Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm.
- up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating.
- 6. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter into the waffle iron and cook for.
- 3 to 4 minutes or until the waffles are light brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION