V's Soft Turkey Taquitos With Southwestern Dip
photo by Vseward Chef-V
- Ready In:
- 4 cups shredded cooked turkey or 4 cups cooked chicken
- 45 corn tortillas, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil, for frying
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Dip Dry Mix
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon jalepeno salt (or regular salt)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- Make the Dip and refrigerate ahead of time.
- Mix sour cream and mayonaise together in a bowl. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry spices to sour cream and mayonaise mixture stir to combine, cover & refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Taquito instructions: Heat oil in frying pan. Add one corn tortilla and fry for just a second, then turn and repeat. Place tortilla on a paper towel lined cookie sheet fitting about 6-8 per sheet. Place another papertowel over the tortillas and repeat with the rest until all are cooked. Sprinkle Salt over the tortillas as you go.
- Once all the tortillas have been lightly fried and are soft, take shredded turkey and place on tortilla in a line. Gently fold tight and place seam side down on another cookie sheet. Repeat until all the taquitos are rolled.
- Heat an electric skillet or griddle between 300-350' and oil surface generously. Place one taquito seam side down, add another right up against it and continue until you have a row across the skillet and taquitos are secure. Continue another row if you have room (I can generally cook about 25-30 at a time) Check the first taquito by rolling or using tongs to make sure seam is secure before turning. Roll taquitos left to right and let them cook 1-2 minutes, then roll again until they are secure and golden.
- Place taquitos on platter and serve with Southwestern Dip, Salsa, Guacomole, Sour Cream, heated cheese whiz or whatever you like!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I don't think there's anything better than spending time with family and friends and enjoying delicious food together. I just love food. I love reading about food, writing about food, cooking food and.. not surprisingly, eating food. My latest passion is food-photography! I'm still learning a lot, but I'm trying to post photos with all my recipes and reviews. I read recipe books, magazines and food blogs like novels. I get such satisfaction when someone enjoys a meal or dessert that I have prepared. It is the biggest compliment to me when my family and friends rave about my cooking. There are so many terrific recipes on this site. If I'm looking for something, I'm sure to find it here. I do have stacks of my own favorite recipes which I am slowly but surely getting in my cookbooks here . I have had so many awesome reviews and fabulous photos taken of my recipes... I try to thank everyone personally .. I sincerely appreciate each and every review and or comment left. I know it takes time to photograph and upload photos - So I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding and trying my recipes and taking the extra effort...