Vivian's Banana Pudding
photo by Gagoo
- Ready In:
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add flour and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Add evaporated milk, milk, and sugar and stir and stir over low to medium heat.
- Add to butter and flour and stir over low to medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Layer bananas and vanilla wafers in a casserole. Pour mixture over.
- Store in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What an old fashioned treat - tastes just as I remember my grandmother's when I was a kid. Shared with my daughter, her husband & my nearly two year old grand twins - everyone loved it. It took a bit longer than 40 minutes to actually get the mixture to thicken, closer to an hour for me, but I'm thinking that I was cooking on a lower heat than you, perhaps. Well worth the wait - thank you lhbishop for posting a reminder of my childhood - prepared for spring, 2013 PAC.