Viva Madrid Spanish Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Adapted from "shelbi bites" at allrecipes.com. You can substitute figs or prunes for the dates, if you prefer them.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, pounded thin (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked preferred
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Brown in skillet, about 2 minutes each side.
- Set chicken aside (on a clean plate).
- Add bacon to skillet.
- Sauté until fat begins to render.
- Add onions, red pepper, and garlic and sauté until onions are tender and bacon is browned.
- Add dates, chicken stock, wine, and bay leaf, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet with chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and thyme. Cover and simmer an additional 15 minutes, or until juices run clear. Serve with Spanish rice or couscous.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was going to post this after having used shelby's recipe - with the addition of the white wine and increased garlic just like you already did! I kept the bacon at 6 slices though. Totally agree with the smoked paprika & peppers added. Oh thank you Randy for sparing me & changing the recipe just as I have! Will be stashing for making again & again, especially when the weather cools down.Reply