- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup canned evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- krusteaz pancake mix
- Saute onion in butter until transparent and soft.
- Mix oatmeal, eggs, and canned milk until combined. Mix the beef and pork together then add the oatmeal mixture, onions and spices. Beat with a mixer until fluffy.
- Using 1/3 to 1/2 cup of meat mixture (depending on how big you want your Vikings) form a ball. Place meat balls on a baking sheet or pan. Cook in a 400°F oven for about 15 minutes until done. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- When the meatballs are cool enough to handle, stick a wooden "popsicle" stick in each one (you can usually buy these at any craft store).
- Mix the Krusteaz pancake batter with water, make it thicker than usual so that it will coat and stick to the meatballs.
- Hold the meatball by the wooden stick and dip it into the batter, then drop it into a deep fat fryer with oil heated to 375°F Roll it around so all the sides cook evenly. Cook until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on a plate covered with paper towels. Serve with ketchup, mustard or what ever you want!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Missoula, MT, home of the UM Grizzlies. My sister and I own and operate a women's consignment store and a full service bridal shop. I enjoy cooking when I have time and I like to try to recreate some of my favorite restaurant foods at home.