Vietnamese-Style Grilled Beef Wrap-Ups
This is from a magazine clipping. Prep time includes chilling time.
- Ready In:
Marinade and Beef
- 3 small shallots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄4 lbs beef round steak, sliced very thinly across grain
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 head leafy lettuce, separated
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 small seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
Marinade and beef:
- Puree shallots, garlic, jalapeno, fish sauce, oils, sugar and lemon rind in blender or food processor.
- Mix with beef, tossing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Broil 1-2" from heat until seared and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Combine all ingredients.
- To serve: place some beef, cilantro and/or mint, and a few pieces of cucumber on a lettuce leaf.
- Roll up.
- Dip in sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION