Vietnamese Pork and Scallion Lettuce Wraps
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 scallions
- 3⁄4 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup cooked rice (I prefer jasmine) or 1 cup cooked jasmine rice (I prefer jasmine)
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- butter lettuce (I prefer butter or red leaf) or red leaf lettuce, washed (I prefer butter or red leaf)
- Place meat strips in plastic zipper bag.
- In food processor, blend soy sauce, honey, pepper, scallions, 3/4 tbsp sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Pour into bag and marinate meat for several hours.
- Take meat out of bag, reserving marinade.
- Stir fry meat until done.
- Take meat out of pan and cover.
- In pan, pour in rest of the marinade and the marmalade and vinegar.
- Boil over high heat for 1 minute.
- Layer rice, meat, and sauce on lettuce leaf.
- Wrap and enjoy!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I currently live in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, although that will be changing shortly. I was living in Guatemala for the past few months, and plan on returning for a 2 year teaching assignment this coming January. I have always loved to cook, and the more complicated recipe, the better. I also love any type of ethnic food, so most of the recipes you see in my cookbook are of that variety.