Vienna Chocolate Bars
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Southern Living. They attribute the recipe to Nancy Reagan.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 ounces seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Lightly grease. Beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light. Add egg yolks and beat until combined. Gradually add flour and beat until just combined. Press dough into bottom of pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Spread with preserves and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Beat egg whites and salt at high speed until foamy. Gradually add 1 cup of sugar beating until glossy, stiff peaks form. Fold in pecans. Spread over raspberry and chocolate mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until meringue is browned and crispy. Allow to cool completely and cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION