- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Wash the beets and cut off the stalks but do not remove the skins or they will bleed while cooking.
- Drop into a saucepan of boiling salted water and cook until they are tender. The amount of time will vary depending on their size and age, but it should take between 40 minutes and 1 hour.
- To determine whether they are sufficiently cooked, press them gently with your fingers.
- If the skin comes off easily they are done.
- Remove the beets from the saucepan and peel off the skins. Discard cooking water. Return them to the saucepan and toss for a few minutes with the parsley, chives and butter.
- Season to taste with a little salt and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation