- Ready In:
- Cook potatoes in salted water. Mash and set aside.
- Mix the next seven ingredients well.
- Add to mashed potatoes and blend well.
- Heat your oil for frying. It is ready when a pinch of dough dropped in bubbles and browns quickly.
- If your potatoes were starchy enough, you will be able to scoop up some dough and roll into balls. Make them about walnut size.
- If dough is too loose, drop the dough in using a teaspoon.
- Cook until browned, turning if needed. I suggest testing one ball when browned so you will be able to open it to see if it is done inside.
- Drain the balls and while just warm, roll in powder sugar.
- These are best when eaten warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!