Very Quick Malaysian Chicken Curry
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs store-bought roasted chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces streaky smoked pork or 8 ounces bacon, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sambal oelek chili paste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sweet thick soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 potatoes, peeled and parboiled, then drained and sliced into chunks
- 1 lime, juice of
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a wok and stir-fry the chicken and port over medium-high heat until crisp, 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside. Add the remaining oil to the wok and stir-fry the onion and sambal over medium heat for 1-2 minute until fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the lime juice, in a large saucepan or pot and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the sauce reduces. Season with the lime juice and remove from the heat. Serve immediately with bread and steamed rice. This dish also goes well with a tasty salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Working mother living in beautiful Sydney, Australia.