Very Basic Fruit Salad
I love how simple and refreshing this is and the ability to adjust the recipe for the types of fruits which are fresh in your local area. Allow at least 4 hours for chilling before serving. From TOH Cookbook. I like changing out the cantaloupe with fresh pineapple and/or grapefruit slices (which sometimes means a bit of sugar added to balance the tartness), or I have added blueberries also just as a topping.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 small cantaloupe, cut into chunks
- 2 firm bananas, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice (100% orange juice)
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit.
- Pour the juice over the fruit and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours and then stir just before serving.