Vermont Graham Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A flavorful quick bread that also might be made into muffins. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup maple sugar (or $notetemplate1$ or brown sugar)
- 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups soured milk
- 2 cups graham flour
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan.
- Sift the dry ingredients together twice into a large bowl.
- Add buttermilk; mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for one hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION