Venison Porterhouse Steaks W/Scotch Sour Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 5 cranberries, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup scotch whiskey
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 venison porterhouse steaks or 4 small beef porterhouse steaks
- Combine 1 tablespoons butter,shallots and berries in a 2 cup glass measure, cover with vented plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add Scotch whiskey, and microwave on high 1 minute or until boiling.
- Stir in orange juice,lemon juice,jelly and mustard and microwave on high 2 minutes or until boiling.
- Combine cornstarch with water, and stir into sauce; microwave on high 1 minute or until boiling; set aside.
- Preheat a microwave browning dish according to the maximum time given in manufacturer' s directions.(or brown on both sides in fry pan then in microwave).
- Rub remaining 1 tablespoons butter over surface and immediately press venison or beef onto hot surface.
- When brown, turn over and microwave on high 2 minutes or to desired doneness.(DO NOT OVERCOOK!).
- Serve immediately with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Click to feed animals I'm a retired teacher now living in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston. I have one daughter, 2 granddaughters, and 1 great-grandson(17 yo Dec '11)! I've travelled a bit throughout Europe and the U.S. as well as Honduras and Costa Rica. I think I may have some gypsy ancestors! I love to travel but am not able to anymore. So I do a LOT of reading instead. My current craft passion is knittng but I have dabbled in just about everything. I've done leaded glass work(stained glass), which I love; am working on counted cross stitch; and am willing to try any craft, at least once! I've also worked for a major insurance company as a case analyst. I have 2 cats, Teddy BB 11 .o. on the 19th of Feb, and CiCi who will be 5 years old on Mar 6th. src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/orn.jpg></p>