VELVEETA® Easy Creamy Grits
photo by Kraft Velveeta
- Ready In:
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BRING water to boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Gradually stir in grits; cook on low heat 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add butter, garlic and seasoning; stir until butter is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- BEAT eggs in small bowl until blended. Add small amount of hot grits; mix well. Gradually add to remaining grits in pan, stirring constantly until blended.
- POUR into 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with VELVEETA; press gently into grits with back of spoon until partially covered.
- BAKE 40 minute Let stand 10 minute before serving.
For a Stronger Spice Flavor:
- Substitute 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne) for the Cajun seasoning.
- Wake up with VELVEETA® Easy Creamy Grits for a special Saturday morning treat. Serve with fresh fruit.
- This is a great side dish to serve as part of a breakfast or brunch buffet.
- Prepare as directed, doubling all ingredients and substituting a 13x9-inch baking dish for the 8-inch square baking dish. Makes 16 servings.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: 200 calories, 10g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, less than 1g dietary fiber, 2g sugars, 8g protein, 10%DV vitamin A, 0%DV vitamin C, 25%DV calcium, 6%DV iron.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!