Veggie Medley Frittata
photo by Paine101
- Ready In:
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package frozen vegetarian bacon, strips (I use Morning Star Farms brand and only 1/2 the pkg.)
- 1 cup broccoli, in tiny bite size floretts
- 3⁄4 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 5 green onions, finely chopped using tops and a little bit of the green bottoms
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten (or you can use 1 cup refrigerated egg substitute)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or more to your taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or more to your taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder (or more to your taste)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato (I used 3/4 cup)
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies (I used mild but you can spice it up as you like)
- sour cream, for topping after served
- 1. Prepare MSF bacon strips as per pkg. directions and then crumble or cut into pieces.
- In large skillet, saute broccoli, mushrooms, green onions and bell pepper in butter until tender. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, water, oregano, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder until foamy.
- Stir in MSF prepared bacon strips, cheese, tomatoes, broccoli mixture and green chilies.
- Pour into a greased shallow baking dish (1 1/2 qt).
- Bake at 350 degrees 25-30 minutes or untl knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Watch closely and if it starts to get too brown cover loosely with foil.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting and plating.
- Serve topped with sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Definitely worth every star! I thought the seasonings were perfect (added 1/2 t. salt). Great flavor! Didn't have broccoli, so I used frozen cauliflower instead plus the other veggies as called for, and it worked great. Also used 1/2 c. sharp cheddar because that's all I had, and about 1/2 c. mozarella plus the 1/2 c. parmesan the recipe calls for. This was delish! My hub couldn't stop raving about it. I didn't use bacon, but that would be delicious. Instead of sour cream, I served home-made guacamole with it. YUM! Thanks for sharing, Granny! This will be my base frittata recipe for sure.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am married, have three children and two grandchildren. My youngest "oops" baby is just turning 17 and is going to be a senior in high school in the fall.. I love to cook and collect recipes. I get a lot of my good recipes from church potlucks. Since I am now retired and a stay at home mom, I have time to search the RecipeZaar site and try a lot of the recipes. We love living on the coast and would never move back inland!