Veggie Frittata Topped With Maple Glazed Sausage
photo by Eating in bed
- Ready In:
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 5 -6 baby portabello mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 red onion, diced
- 1 whole bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- You will need an Oven Safe Pan for this, or a Baking Dish you can use on the Stove. I used a Pie Dish on the Stove.
- Beat your Eggs, Add the Seasoning and Mozzarella Cheese.
- Stir, Set Aside.
- Turn Oven on to Broil.
- Heat a Pie Dish to Medium High Heat with the Butter until melted.
- Add the Chopped Onion, and Bell Peppers.
- Let Cook 2 -3 Minutes.
- Add Mushrooms.
- Cook another 2 -3 Minutes.
- Add Spinach.
- Cook until just barely Wilted.
- Add Eggs.
- Stir to Combine Veggies and Egg, lower heat to medium.
- Top With Cilantro.
- Cook about 3 -4 Minutes or until the egg is beginning to Set on top.
- Put the Eggs in the Oven for 3 Minutes.
- Top with remaining Cup of Mozzarella Cheese.
- Return to oven for another 3 Minutes or until the Cheese is beginning to Brown.
- Pull out, let cool 5 Minutes, serve with sliced cilantro and tomato as garnish.
- Heat a Medium Pan to Medium High Heat.
- Add Sausage and break it up with a Wooden Spoon.
- Stir it every couple Minutes until the Sausage is nice and Browned.
- Add your Syrup and Stir to Combine, Add more if you’d like.
- Remove from Heat and Serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!