Veggie Delightful Sandwich à La Subway
My sandwich of choice from Subway. This is my homegrown version with the addition of avocado! For the bread I used recipe #141038 and by special request recipe #67854 (onion sauce) to top it all off. I don't make these as often as I should, but when I do, the sandwiches are served with fresh fruit in season and a small bag of multi-grain SunChips. Hubby and I always fight over the last SunChip! Note: omit the red onion slices if using the onion sauce.
- Ready In:
- 2 hoagie rolls, sliced in half lengthwise
- mayonnaise or mustard, for spreading
- shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 slices swiss cheese (Tillamook of course) or 2 slices cheddar cheese (Tillamook of course)
- 6 slices green bell peppers
- 6 -8 slices cucumbers
- 4 slices red onions
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pepperoncini pepper, slices (optional)
- If you wish, the bread can be warmed first.
- Spread mayonnaise or mustard on each slice of bread.
- Divide and arrange the ingredients equally on both slices.
- Garnish with the onion sauce.
- Place both bread slices together and cut in half crosswise.
- Prep does not include baking the bread if that is what you choose to do. All amounts are estimated.