- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups Yve's veggie ground round (one pkg, crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (powdered kraft type)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 vegetarian beef stock cube
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs (or more if needed for right texture)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices (or a mix of dill, oregano, basil and maybe rosemary)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 12 mini hamburger buns
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cheddar cheese (sliced or grated)
- 1⁄3 cup white onion, diced finely
- mix ground round, grated cheeses, egg, and liquid smoke.
- separately mix broth cube with hot water and bread crumbs with gluten and spices.
- add powders and broth to ground round mix. it should be about the consistency of raw meatballs. line a 9" square or 13"x9" pan with parchment paper (don't just grease, it will stick anyways), preheat the oven to 350f.
- spread the meat mix into the pan 1/2" thick, if using the bigger pan it may have a gap on both sides, that's fine. pierce with a fork to mark your diving lines for the 12 square patties. sprinkle the onions on top and press down lightly.
- bake at 350 for 20 min, add remaining cheese and pop back in oven for 5 min.
- spread the buns with ketchup on one side, mayo on the other, top each with a patty, close up the buns and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in new westminster, bc. I'm currently doing tech support for a living but I may be moving on to something more rewarding soon. I have two giant cats. I like to cook and bake. I have a passion for healing craft. I'll be starting my first garden in the spring. and I can't think of anything else interesting right now.