photo by ANGEL P.
- Ready In:
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups canned white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies (add more if you like)
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 fresh jalapeno, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 radish, sliced
- 2 -4 limes, cut in wedges
- 2 -4 corn tortillas, per person
- Chop the garlic, onion, red bell pepper and zucchini squash.
- Heat the olive oil to a large pan on medium-high and add the garlic and onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper and the zucchini and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder and oregano. Stir to cover the veggies.
- Add the vegetable broth.
- Stir in the canned hominy and green chilies.
- Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes until the hominy is tender.
- If you have time, slow cook on low for approximately 4-6 hours.
- Serve in a bowl topped with optional garnishes and a side of warm corn tortillas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!