Vegetarian Lo Mein Noodle Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Here's a fun use for the peanut butter in your pantry - a cold noodle salad that's healthy and not at all costly. It's a great dish to serve either at room temperature or chilled. (From Betty Crocker's "Money Saving Meals" cookbook)
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package lo mein noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Break lo mein noodles into thirds and cook as directed on package.
- Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Cook edamame as directed on bag; drain.
- In Medium bowl, place bell pepper, onions, noodles and edamame.
- In a small bowl, beat dressing ingredients with wire whisk until well blended.
- Spoon over noodle mixture; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION