Vegetarian Japanese Curry
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1/2 inch thick half moons
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons japanese-style curry powder (S&B Oriental brand recommended)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 2⁄3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 small yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small apple, peeled and finely grated
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 cup fresh shelled edamame (optional) or 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (optional)
- 6 cups hot cooked white rice (Hinode Calrose brand recommended)
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Saute onion 7 to 9 minutes, or until onion starts to brown. Add carrots and saute 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder and garlic and cook 1 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add broth, potatoes, apple, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and miso. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Add edamame and simmer 5 minutes more. Serve over sticky rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!