Vegetarian Grilled Pizza
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup strong white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons himalayan pink salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet fast-action yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- sea salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 small bunch fresh basil
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese
- harissa hot smoked cauliflower
- 2 mushrooms
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 grilled onion
- honey, for drizzling
- To make dough, put lukewarm water and the flours, pink salt, yeast and honey into the bowl of an electric mixer (or a large regular bowl if using a hand mixer). Add the oil while mixing.
- Mix on a low speed for 1 minute, scrape down the sides then give it another blast.
- Keep mixing on a low speed as you slowly add the oil, then mix for a further 5-7 minutes so you end up with slightly wet, smooth and elastic dough.
- Transfer to a lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm place for an hour.
- Once raised, gently knock the dough back on a flour dusted surface then equally divide and roll into four rounds.
- To make sauce, finely chop the onion and fry in a medium pan over a medium-low heat with two tablespoons olive oil for around 5 minutes or until softened but not coloured.
- Crush in the garlic or add fresh at the end.
- Finley chop and add the basil leaves along with chopped tomatoes and the oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Either whizz it up with a stick blender or keep it chunky.
- For harissa smoked cauliflower, boil cauliflower head for 7-8 minutes, cover in Harissa paste then cook in middle of BBQ heat canyon for 45-60 minutes then add a squeeze of lemon juice after).
- To make pizza, set up the BBQ for the heat canyon technique, cover with lid and allow to heat up like an outdoor oven – you want a temperature of around 450°F.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce over each dough round.
- Add mozzarella cheese, cauliflower, mushrooms, onions and remaining olive oil.
- Dust a pizza stone or a large metal roasting tray with plenty of semolina flour.
- Place the pizza on top and cook on the BBQ with the lid on for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden, crisp and the cheese has melted.
- Dip leftover crusts into honey.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!