Vegetarian Chipotle Chili
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes with juice, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 -2 tablespoon canned chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrots, bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Cook until light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, and chipotle peppers. Heat to near boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Add water if mixture is too thick, and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in warm bowls with warm tortillas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!