MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A great way to lighten things up.
- Ready In:
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, scraped and shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- commercial salsa
- commercial guacamole
- Heat tortillas according to package directions; keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add carrot, onion, and garlic; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and next 7 ingredients; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup vegetable mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Fold burrito style.
- Serve immediately with salsa and guacamole.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Super! Even my hubby, who's more a meat-kind-of-guy, loved it. I made some changes in the ingredients according to what I had left over in the fridge. (like 1 can fat-free refried beans instead black beans). This recipe makes it really easy to substitute ingredients. Leftovers are easily frozen. Very, very tasty! ThanksReply
This made for a truly delicious veggie meal. I tweaked it just a bit for our personal tastes. I used 1 t. chopped garlic, increased the cumin to 1/2 t. and added 1/4 t. cayenne. That is the great thing about this recipe, gives you plenty of room to experiment and customize. Thanks for posting this.Reply
see 2 more