Vegetables in Coconut Sauce (Phak Tom Kati)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup garden peas
- 1⁄2 cup long beans, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons shallots, sliced finely
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon Thai red chili pepper, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn, place in spice ball
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, shredded
- In a saucepan bring the coconut milk to a gentle simmer and mix in the sugar and soy sauce, and stir in the lime leaves.
- Add the shallots and pepper, and gently simmer for 1-2 minutes until aromatic.
- Taste for the balance of sugar and salt, and adjust if necessary.
- Add the vegetables, and return to the boil.
- Simmer gently until just cooked.
- If using garden peas, do not add them until the other ingredients are almost cooked, and then serve as soon as they are warmed through.
- Remove spice ball and discard peppercorns.
- Serve with either Thai jasmine rice or noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!